At UICCU, we work with our members to improve your credit and your finances. That’s why we offer Access Checking. It’s an affordable alternative to high-cost check cashing stores who gouge their clients with fees. With Access Checking, you’ll have access to our free online money management tools to track your spending and set-up alerts when balances are low. Plus there is no minimum balance and you’ll receive many free extras, including:
- No minimum balance requirement
- Free Online Banking with Bill Payer and MyFi360, UICCU's personal finance management tool
- Free Debit Card
- Free Mobile Banking access with our UICCU app*
- Free Mobile Remote Deposit Capture (deposits via your mobile device)
- Free Zero Liability Fraud Protection & Fraud Text Alerts
- e-Alerts that warn you when balances are low
- Free e-Statements
- Unlimited access to all UICCU ATMs including 43,000 ATMs nationwide
- Award-winning LOCAL service
- NCUA insured up to $250,000
To open an Access Checking Account, you must:
- Open a savings account with a minimum balance of $5
- Deposit a minimum of $50 to open your new checking account
- New checking account is subject to credit approval, employment status, and valid identification that is at least 90 days old.
- Pay a monthly fee of $4.75 + tax (automatically charged on the last day of each month)
- Be at least 18 years of age or a cosigner is required on the account
e-Statements are free for all accounts. Members who opt to receive paper statements will be charged a fee of $2.50 per month.
UICCU does not charge for the Mobile App, however your cell phone carrier may charge for text and data usage.