UICCU’s Internship Program is committed to giving students exposure to their field of interest and the Credit Union’s mission-driven philosophy of “people helping people”, along with the chance to increase their knowledge, skills, and abilities while gaining meaningful work experience in a values based, award winning work environment.
University of Iowa Community Credit Union requires the following criteria be met in order for a department leader to host an intern:
- Professional experience which relates to student’s major field or area of career interest
- Internship term of 8 to 12 weeks
A student must meet the follow eligibility in order to participate in UICCU’s Internship Program.
- Must be in good academic standing
- Current student of accredited college or university
- Summer entering Sophomore, Junior, or Senior level
- Must be a UICCU member in good standing
The selection process of an intern is similar to that of any other employee of the Credit Union. The process is outlined below:
- Phone Interview
- In-Person Interview
- Review Letter of Recommendations of selected candidate
- Bondability Verification
- Offer of Internship
Internship Orientation and Training
UICCU Interns will join our typical on-boarding classes when possible. Customized training beyond this will depend on their area of interest. Ongoing training includes but is not limited to:
- Meet and greet with the Senior Team
- Learning Management System
- UICCU Values overview with CEO
- Member Assistance Center, Wealth Management, UICCU Insurance, and Mortgage Departmental Overviews
- Training assigned by the Internship Host
Ongoing Professional Development
The Credit Union will provide our interns the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities that will aid in their professional development as well as immerse them in UICCU’s culture. These activities include but are not limited to:
- Internship mixers
- CR Metro Economic Alliance Events
- Best practices of professionalism
- Resume Critique
- Salary Negotiation
- Interviewing tips and tricks
- Exposure to Community Involvement Team, Wellness Committee, Leadership Development Program, and SCRUM meetings
- Community Involvement Opportunities
- Intern Buddy Assignment
- Internship Project Expo at All Staff Meeting
- Job Shadows of other departments upon request
Compensation and Perks
- UICCU’s Internship Program is a paid internship compensating at $11.00 per hour.
- Benefits for Interns include:
- On site cafeteria
- Dry-cleaning service available
- Free UICCU merchandise
- Discounted logo wear
- Corporate discounts
- Free parking
- Access to the North Liberty Wellness Center
- Participation in employee events such as Monthly Lunch Sponsor Program, Beverage Cart Friday, National Days, and more!
- The internship host will be responsible for creating a project summary that outlines the intern’s expectations for the duration of the program.
- Interns will receive regular feedback from their internship host including regular check-ins from the Internship Coordinator.
- At the end of the program, the intern will receive an Internship Performance Evaluation.
Ongoing Program Feedback
- At the end of each internship term, all interns and internship hosts will fill out an Exit Evaluation to discuss the effectiveness of the program and the internship overall.
- There will be an Internship Expo before the final All Staff Meeting so that interns will have the opportunity to showcase their projects and what they’ve learned to employees.
Thank you for your interest in UICCU’s Internship Program!