University of Iowa Community Credit Union (UICCU) is a member owned financial cooperative with 17 office locations. Since being organized in 1938, UICCU has grown to be the largest credit union in Iowa with over 5 billion in assets and 175,000 members. Membership is open to anyone living or working in Iowa and 4 counties in Illinois (listed below)*. You can also join if you are a University of Iowa student, staff, or alumni; or a direct relative of a current member.
UICCU exists to serve its members. Our "members first" philosophy has led to a national rank by independent research firm Callahan & Associates for Return of Member (ROM). This measures how effectively a financial institution returns its profits back in the form of better rates on deposits and loans. For the last 4 years, UICCU's ROM rank has consistently been in the top 1% up against more than 13,000 banks and credit unions nationwide.
UICCU exists to serve the community as well. We volunteer time and donate funds to support the local organizations and charities that help our communities thrive. We provide financial education for area schools and businesses to help residents grow and make smart money decisions. To learn more about how we serve the community and individuals of modest means see our most recent Statement of Commitment.
We encourage you to explore our site and learn about all we have to offer, our most recent Service Guide is also a great resource. Better yet, stop in any office location or call us. We would enjoy the opportunity to show you why UICCU is your best choice for financial services.
*Membership is open to anyone living or working in Iowa and 4 Illinois counties: Henry, Knox, Mercer, and Rock Island.
- Main Line: (319) 339-1000 or (800) 397-3790
- Lost or stolen debit card or credit card: (800) 397-3790 or (855) 341-4650 after business hours
- Lost or stolen debit card or credit card when traveling abroad: 001-515-457-2095
Contact & Locations
Routing Number: 273975098
We create lasting value for those we serve.
As the nation’s greatest financial institution we…
- Make a profound impact in the lives of our members through our commitment to efficiency.
- Empower our employees to create endless opportunities and shape our future.
- Enhance the vitality of our communities by donating our time, talents, and financial support.
- We Go Above and Beyond – We’re not average and neither is our service, which sometimes means unconventional or beyond what's expected.
- We’re Truthful and Accountable – We treat others with uncompromising candor and respect. We’re responsible for our work and that of our teammates, and keep our promises with integrity.
- We’re Adventurous, Creative, and Open‐Minded – We take risks and challenge each other with innovative ideas.
- We Embrace Continuous Improvement and Efficiency – We involve affected parties in making quick decisions, and return more to our stakeholders through efficiency and growth.
- We Create Fun – We’re proud to be authentic, unconventional, and celebrate our differences! We collectively create an engaged environment full of meaningful relationships.
- We Build Positive Team Spirit – Our diverse teams are our families. We are inclusive, putting the interest of others before our own, and proactively give credit where it’s due.
- We Grow Through Learning – We expect growth, and help employees unlock their potential while taking risks and learning from occasional mistakes.
- We’re Bold yet Humble – We take nothing for granted, and are never satisfied with the status quo.
Our Service Standards
New Account Guide
UICCU Monthly e-Newsletter
Members receive our free email newsletter each month. In each edition you'll find information on the latest product promotions, new service offerings, financial seminar information, upcoming events, and much more. Our latest newsletter edition is always available online. (offers within the newsletter are subject to change at any time).
We've made our most recent Annual Report easily accessible. To view it please see below:
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file. This software is available for anyone to download for free.
As not-for-profit financial cooperatives, credit unions direct earnings back to their members and community. Since credit unions are owned by their members, it is important that all members know about pending legislation and actions that could affect them. Because we are stronger together, we may ask you to lend your voice on important issues that could impact your financial life. The purpose of our credit union advocacy efforts is not to influence your vote, but rather to:
- Explain the political and legislative issues facing credit unions
- Educate on the unique structure of credit unions
- Show where elected officials stand on these issues
- Provide educational links so that you can make informed decisions
- Offer ways for you to take action!
With more than one million credit union members in Iowa, we are all stronger together! Show your support of Iowa's Credit Unions by joining the advocacy database.
The University of Iowa Community Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative. As so, our Board of Directors serves the membership in a volunteer capacity. This section provides you with information on UICCU Governance and introduces you to each of our Board Members. Click on any of the links for more information.
UICCU Volunteer Board Members:
- Sarah Fisher Gardial, Chair
- Dean Borg, Vice Chair
- Andre Perry, Chief Financial Officer
- Laurel Day, Secretary
- Fred Mims, Audit Committee Chair
- Loras Neuroth, Credit Committee Chair
- Lynsey Engels
- MJ Dolan
- Marc Moen
- Mark Rolinger
- Dave Wright
- Jeffrey Disterhoft
- Overview of Commitment
- Board Job Description
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Oath of Board of Directors
- Code of Ethics
- Field of Membership Bylaws
Recent Financial Statements:
- December Financials
- November Financials
- October Financials
- September Financials
- August Financials
- July Financials