University of Iowa Community Credit Union (UICCU) is a member owned financial cooperative with 17 office locations. Since being organized in 1938, UICCU has grown to be the largest credit union in Iowa with over 5 billion in assets and 175,000 members. Membership is open to anyone living or working in Iowa and 4 counties in Illinois (listed below)*. You can also join if you are a University of Iowa student, staff, or alumni; or a direct relative of a current member.
UICCU exists to serve its members. Our "members first" philosophy has led to a national rank by independent research firm Callahan & Associates for Return of Member (ROM). This measures how effectively a financial institution returns its profits back in the form of better rates on deposits and loans. For the last 4 years, UICCU's ROM rank has consistently been in the top 1% up against more than 13,000 banks and credit unions nationwide.
UICCU exists to serve the community as well. We volunteer time and donate funds to support the local organizations and charities that help our communities thrive. We provide financial education for area schools and businesses to help residents grow and make smart money decisions. To learn more about how we serve the community and individuals of modest means see our most recent Statement of Commitment.
We encourage you to explore our site and learn about all we have to offer, our most recent Service Guide is also a great resource. Better yet, stop in any office location or call us. We would enjoy the opportunity to show you why UICCU is your best choice for financial services.
*Membership is open to anyone living or working in Iowa and 4 Illinois counties: Henry, Knox, Mercer, and Rock Island.
- Main Line: (319) 339-1000 or (800) 397-3790
- Lost or stolen debit card or credit card: (800) 397-3790 or (855) 341-4650 after business hours
- Lost or stolen debit card or credit card when traveling abroad: 001-515-457-2095
Contact & Locations
Routing Number: 273975098
To be one of the top 10 financial institutions in the United States.
To improve the quality of life in communities we serve by promoting the financial well-being of their residents.
- Truth - Treat others with uncompromising truth and candor
- Trust - Lavish trust on your teammates
- Mentoring - Mentor unselfishly
- Openness - Be receptive to new ideas, regardless of their origin
- Risk Taking - Challenge yourself and your employer with innovative ideas and solutions
- Communication - Proactively communicate challenges and opportunities
- Give Credit - Give credit where it's due
- Integrity - Be honest in all dealings
- Caring - Put the interests of others before your own
- Respect - Treat others with courtesy, dignity, and positive regard
Our Service Standards
New Account Guide
UICCU Monthly e-Newsletter
Members receive our free email newsletter each month. In each edition you'll find information on the latest product promotions, new service offerings, financial seminar information, upcoming events, and much more. Our latest newsletter edition is always available online. (offers within the newsletter are subject to change at any time).
We've made our most recent Annual Report easily accessible. To view it please see below:
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file. This software is available for anyone to download for free.
As not-for-profit financial cooperatives, credit unions direct earnings back to their members and community. Since credit unions are owned by their members, it is important that all members know about pending legislation and actions that could affect them. Because we are stronger together, we may ask you to lend your voice on important issues that could impact your financial life. The purpose of our credit union advocacy efforts is not to influence your vote, but rather to:
- Explain the political and legislative issues facing credit unions
- Educate on the unique structure of credit unions
- Show where elected officials stand on these issues
- Provide educational links so that you can make informed decisions
- Offer ways for you to take action!
With more than one million credit union members in Iowa, we are all stronger together! Show your support of Iowa's Credit Unions by joining the advocacy database.
The University of Iowa Community Credit Union is a member-owned financial cooperative. As so, our Board of Directors serves the membership in a volunteer capacity. This section provides you with information on UICCU Governance and introduces you to each of our Board Members. Click on any of the links for more information.
UICCU Volunteer Board Members:
- Sarah Fisher Gardial, Chair
- Dean Borg, Vice Chair
- Andre Perry, Chief Financial Officer
- Laurel Day, Secretary
- Fred Mims, Audit Committee Chair
- Mark Rolinger, Credit Committee Chair
- Lynsey Engels
- Tom Lepic
- Marc Moen
- Dave Wright
- Loras Neuroth
- Jeffrey Disterhoft
- Overview of Commitment
- Board Job Description
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Oath of Board of Directors
- Code of Ethics
- Field of Membership Bylaws
Recent Financial Statements:
- July Financials
- June Financials
- May Financials
- April Financials
- March Financials
- February Financials